Friday, August 13, 2010

All the Perks for a Fraction of the Price

WE are official.
***
Well,
if you want to be completely, technically and wholly honest, Jim is the only "official" Columbia student in the family. BUT if you want to be completely, fully and matrimonily fair, I think WE is a better term to use. Sure, our student lives are different, but they are both vital to the Wiggy's existence. For example, while in school, Jim is trying to figure out how to make a living someday and, at the same time, I am trying to figure out how to keep our family afloat until that happens. Jim is reading law texts and fighting cases and I am teaching our son the alphabet and wrestling the 18-month-old. Jim, I'm sure, will be tired at the end of a long day, and you know what, I'll be right there with him.
***
WE are students, and we make a pretty good team, huh?
***
Anyway, usually Universities are lacking in the family-friendly department (and we already have a few examples from this Uni) BUT Columbia has given me something that Cambridge never did, and I am beyond stoked. Columbia has given me my very own Student Card. They understand that WE are students...score one for families! Sure, I had to pay $20, but it enables me to get student discounts, I can get into/use all of the libraries, I have access to the printers, and more. And, this card is valid until 2013. Considering the amount we are paying for Jim's student card (we won't talk about it because believe me, it'll make your tummy hurt), I think I got a pretty good deal.
***
Now if I could only figure out how to get my name on a diploma ;)

2 comments:

  1. Mcgeorge gave me a PhT, putting him through. I am thinking about signing my name with that at the end:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so since I am in DC and we are now only 3 hours away from each other we should see eachother. . . . SOON! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete