Tuesday, August 3, 2010

a Terrific Time in Tahoe

We had another wonderful Wiggy family reunion/vaca in Tahoe. I am still without a camera (I don't even want to begin to tell you about the nightmare experience I've had with Panasonic) so I've mooched these pictures from my lovely SIL Carolyn. When I get more pictures from the week, I'll put them up!

One of our outings was to Virginia City, an old mining town which had incredible personality and charm. The weather was perfect (mostly sunshine with a two-minute rainstorm, just enough to create that delicious just-rained smell in the air) and the city was full of things to do.


We went on a train ride and Talmage spent 90 percent of the time with his bum in the air looking out of the window! Above is a picture of Talmage with Papa. Those Wiggy genes are awfully strong! As I'm sure you noticed, Jim looks a lot like his Dad, and everyone says that Mr. T looks identical to his Daddy-o.

Mom and Dad treated us like Southern royalty during our entire Tahoe trip, and don't they look way too cute on that camel-back?
We totally enjoyed spending time together with the fam. I love this picture because it looks like Talmage is getting sick from all the PDA!

A picture of a picture.

We finished the day in Virginia City with a ride on an old Wells Fargo stagecoach. Supposedly this is the only original replica that is still running and it was so much fun to ride around in it. It was super bumpy and rocky and I can only imagine a full day would leave you pretty sore in the tail.
In other Tahoe news, Talmage beyond enjoyed swimming in the icy, clean lake water...or whatever water he could find...

...Jim and Bryce ate mac and cheese on top of hot dogs (an idea they pinched from the food network)...

...and we all took turns row, row, rowing the boat. What a blast! More pics to come...I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment