Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fun Turned Ugly

You are the sports fan. I'm the announcer. Let me tell you how it all went down.

This little monkey (looking awfully dapper in his autumn duds may I add) and his Dad embarked on an exciting game of cat and mouse. The monkey actually was the mouse, and his Dad, the cat.

The mouse was loving all the attention. He squealed around every corner. He didn't want to be caught, but let me tell you that if the cat was too slow...that mouse, well, he egged him on. He's a brave little mouse.

Look at that happy mouse. Look hard and memorize. For unfortunately, that smiley face is about to be turned right upside down...

...because the cat decided that the game needed to be relocated so that the mousey-mouse would stop slipping and sliding down the wet ramp. What a nice Daddy cat. But that is definitely not what the mouse thought.

He pushed and pulled and fought that kitty with all his might...but alas, the cat won.

And that did not make our mouse happy...at all. Actually, it enraged that poor little rodent. His body started flipping in super awkward positions and the hair on his head stood straight up. You should have seen the transformation from house mouse to lab rat. It was scary.


And that friendly game of cat and mouse...turned ugly. And ugly was how it remained until that little mouse of ours had his cheese and milk and went to bed. And then there was silence.


We interrupt our sports broadcast to bring you a family picture of the NY Wiggy's. You'll be excited to know that Talmage has become the token law school child and everytime we go visit Daddy everyone swoons over that little monkey, I mean mouse, I mean baby! They love him and are constantly telling me to bring him back more often. He has them all fooled ;)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Heath! It's 12:21 in the morning and I can't sleep (hate it when this happens). Just thought I'd let you know that I love the blog and I mostly love you!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the story, good photography by the way, you got every detail, even his hair standing straight up! I was impressed - NY Times needs someone like you on their staff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loves this post because he is SO dang cute! AND I love that james wrote you a note...SO SO SO SWEET!!

    ReplyDelete