Wednesday, December 7, 2011

on santa's lap

Talmage meant business when he saw Santa at our ward's Christmas party. "I want trains for Christmas," he told the jolly old man. When Santa did not acknowledge his words, Talmage repeated it again. "I want trains for Christmas. Thomas and James and Percy." People were calling for T to look at the camera, they wanted him to smile, but he wanted assurance from the man in charge, who once again did not give Talmage his desired response. I'm actually suprised T didn't take him by the cheeks with both hands like he sometimes does to me. Instead, he looked him square in the face (and luckily this time Santa looked back) and repeated his request for the third time. This time Santa repeated his words, "Oh, you want trains for Christmas, do you? Thomas? And Percy? And James? OK," he said while smiling into Talmage's sweet, confident, innocent face.

And with that OK from Santa, Talmage gave the camera the biggest, cheesiest, truly happiest smile I've ever seen in my life. The moment (both actually) were priceless and I'm so glad they were captured so perfectly. All I'm saying is Santa better deliver. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love that story! I can just picture the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryce and I both had a good laugh when we read about Talmage telling Santa what he wanted for Christmas. I love that kid!

    ReplyDelete