Thursday, August 30, 2012

Disneyland Day 1

Our first day at Disneyland started early...I actually was up all night long with excitement so by the time my 5:30 alarm went off I was itching to get out of bed. Our tickets included one early entry morning (and since I'm crazy and wanted to be one of the first people in the park) we got to Disneyland at 6:30 am so that we could get in at 7. Our kids are up early, so I wanted to make the most of our early entry. SUCH a good decision. We were the first people to ride Peter Pan, Dumbo, Mr. Toad's, the carousel and Pinnochio--and that was all done in 20 minutes-ish. We ended up going on 8 rides in an hour, and we were already lined up for Nemo's Submarine (with Space Mountain fastpass in hand) when 8 am rolled around. It was perfect!

 The boys in front of the castle. T was way too thrilled to be in his seat!

 I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this picture. This is us on our first ride at Disneyland (Peter Pan) at 7:05 am. Talmage's face is priceless...I think he was a little freaked out about what his parents got him into!

T and Daddy on Dumbo...Evie was mostly my riding buddy. He's become quite the Momma's boy lately (even more than before if you can believe it).

 Our family on the carousel. Talmage and his cheesy picture faces...oh man that kid!

Talmage wanted to spin 100 mph! We ended up going again later (just Mommy and T) so we could spin fast, fast, fast!

Evie's favorite rides were the ones he could sit on my lap. If he sat on my lap, he loved the ride. If he had to sit next to me instead of on me, he would cry and claw me until the ride started (he always loved the rides when they were moving) but then he'd continue to claw me until I picked him up when the ride finished.

Nemo's submarine is cool. Disney has done such a good job re-vamping this ride. The Nemo parts are so awesome. Everett was still as can be through the whole ride just looking out the window. 

A 3 year old with a drivers license = whiplash for Mom. Dear Autopia, you really think he's big enough to drive? My neck doesn't! Love, Mom

 Talmage's favorite ride by far was the Buzz Astro Blasters. I've gotta admit, it was super fun. You get to shoot targets with your laser gun and it calculates your points. James is a better shot than me, hands down.

 This little guy was so tuckered out. He fell asleep to Michael Jackson rocking out in Captain EO!

Everett's favorite ride was It's a Small World. During the whole boat ride he would point to various things in the room and say, "Whoa! Wow! Whoa!" James and I were cracking up.

After a few more rides (Space Mountain twice, Star Tours, Astro Blasters and all things Storybook) we went home for naps. It was an early morning and we knew it was going to be a late night so we wanted the boys to be rested. We made it back to the park in time for the parade which was so cute. I loved Princess Tiana and Peter Pan. They were adorable!

Other memorable first day things:
  • The Jungle Cruise hilariousness, having to leave the Tiki Room with a screaming Everett, dinner at the Golden Horseshoe.
  • Talmage had been telling us all day long how he gets to do XX because he's 3, or gets to do that because he's 3. After riding Thunder Mountain Railroad he said, "I only get to ride that one time because Evie's one!"
  • Riding Splash Mountain with Talmage. After the ride he said, "I was not very brave in dat ride. Dose big hills scared me a wot, a wot!" He was brave, by the way.
  • One of our first rides of the day was Mr. Toads and T was super scared during one part when we "drove" into a tunnel. For the rest of the day on every ride Talmage would ask, "Is there a tunnel in dis ride?" (Sound familiar Mom? Supposedly I did this same thing when I was his age except I was traumatized by the hippos on the Jungle Cruise).
  • Front row seats and a dropped jaw by T at Fantasmic. Watching fireworks over the castle while walking around...perfect ending!
  • The boys crashing as.soon.as. their heads hit the pillow! 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love Love LOVE these pictures! I can't wait to see more...even though it makes me kinda jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome, I do think it's funny, whether a tunnel or a hippo, to a 3 year old it can be quite the adventure! Sounds like it was the best trip ever!

    Did you nap too during nap time?

    ReplyDelete