Saturday, August 18, 2012

Extra!


We spent a few amazing hours at The Grove on Thursday, and all three of us walked away super happy.

We started at Extra! where we saw Maria Monounos interview Kevin and Danielle Jonas. Maria is so pretty and the braid in her hair was amazing (I wish you could see it in the pic). I really need to learn how to do it. I pretty much don't know anything about the Jo-bros, but there were tons of teenage girls flocking him so it must have been a pretty big deal to see him ;)

We walked down the mall and decided to take advantage of a Jamba Juice back-to-school special--16 oz. Jamba for $1. The boys and I were so happy. Yum! Immediately after taking these pictures T and I had a smiling practice session--that boy and his fake smiles!

Then we went to a kiddie concert. T was dancing around like a crazy man near the stage and there was a cute, short, round kid that seriously was following EVERYTHING he did. He even came and sat next to us for a little while. The funniest thing was when he ran up to his mom and said, "Mom. This is my best friend, Big Kid!" Yep, he named T Big Kid and called him that for the rest of the concert. Turns out they are only 3 weeks apart in age, but T was probably a foot taller...seriously!

Everett spent the whole concert flirting with the woman sitting next to me. She is a recent New York City transplant who just opened a food truck in L.A., so we had LOTS to talk about!

After the concert, we went back to Extra! just so I could get a little peak at Mario Lopez! His face is so flawless he almost doesn't look real--seriously not a pore! He was really friendly and joked in between takes. A few minutes after I took this picture the producers had me, Ev and T go stand behind Mario for his intro to the show. Mario came out, rubbed T's head and said, "Hey buddy, how are you doing?" I think I was beaming! Slater touched my kid's head ;)

Since this was our last trip to The Grove for the summer, I gave in to T's requests and we rode the trolley--twice. He was SO happy and wanted to have a seat all to himself--Mr. Independent. What a fun day at The Grove. I'm going to miss this place.

2 comments: