Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Goofy's Kitchen

 
After settling into the hotel and watching a little bit of the Disney channel (a treat since I deprive my chillin's of TV!) we set off to Downtown Disney and Goofy's Kitchen. Our Disneyland package was AMAZING!!! I seriously couldn't give Costco better ratings for everything their package offered. We were able to get a HUGE package for less than I could find just tickets to the park and a hotel room. If you're going to Disneyland, book through Costco! Goofy's kitchen was part of our package and it was maybe one of the funnest parts of our whole trip. I'm so, so, so glad we did it!

We passed by the gates of Disneyland on our way to Downtown Disney, and we almost tried to break in! I'm kind of a 3-year-old in a mom's body so I was beyond excited (like butterflies, can't sleep, jumping and dancing sporadically excited!)

We tried on hats and played with toys at the BIGGEST Disney store I've ever seen. It was huge!!! T was in heaven and kept running from one thing to the next--trying this on, playing with that, telling me about everything he "needs!"

We made reservations for 5 pm (opening time) and it was the best decision ever. We were able to walk right in and we were there when Chef Goofy came out to greet the guests. I can't begin to explain how cute it was to see T see Goofy for the first time. He ran all the way across the room and was hysterically laughing/squealing/screaming with excitement. He was going a million mph and asking Goofy every question in the book. He noticed everything about him and said, "Wow Goofy, you got some buttons..." I think he also called him Goofy Goof a time or two. Cute! It made me cry.

Our fam with the Goof-man himself. They have a photographer taking pictures, but I always asked them to take a picture with my camera as well.

Everett was SO scared of all the characters. He cried through most of dinner and anytime a new character came up he started reaching for me with big tears streaming down his face. Talmage, on the other hand, was in Disney heaven!!!

After being seated at the table, characters started coming out to greet the guests. Since we were the first ones in the place, we had TONS of time to spend with them. Talmage danced with Pluto for SO long. T is at the perfect age for a trip like this because there is so much magic in seeing these characters for him--they are real to him and it was SO super magical.

I was so excited by the characters too! T was jumping up and down, I was jumping up and down, Evie was screaming and saying "mama" and James was trying to calm us all down (mostly Evie). Yep...basically how it went down all night long!

Dale and T played together for a long time. T gave Dale a kiss on the nose and this was Dale returning the favor ;)

Dale tried to make friends with Evie by loving on his blanket. Evie didn't scream the whole time he was there so I think Dale was successful!

The funniest moment of the night was when Snow White came to our table. As mentioned, Talmage had been bouncing off the walls with excitement with each new character...but not when poor Snow White came to our table. He looked at her, looked down and said with a grumpy voice, "I don't know your movie!" She tried to make conversation with him but Talmage would seriously not even look at her. He kept telling me, "I don't know who she is!" I guess she was a little too real for him and he's right, we haven't seen her movie. She left our table with one bit of advice, "Be careful when you eat that apple!"

When Minnie came by, T was back to his happy, huggy self. She is just so cute, don't you think? We also saw Gepetto and the fairy Godmother but I didn't get pics of them. It was such a fun night--good food (and the biggest dessert table you've ever seen!), lots of magic and one super pumped little boy.

3 comments:

  1. So cute and fun! Um, I NEED to know where your blue pants are from- they are the perfect length! Not too long but not capri-lenth short. Please tell me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I think it is time for a little sister, or some Avery princess movie time. :) Cosette had the opposite problem. She knew EVERY princess and not some of the other characters. Sounds like a magical trip!

    ReplyDelete