Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Random Random

James rode a mechanical bull this weekend, perfectly sober I might add. I have the picture to prove it and I can't wait to share--it was possibly the highlight of my summer!

***

T's prayer: Please help me to be obedient and bless the Lamanites to be good listeners.

***

Evie is weening himself right now and I have mixed emotions. I feel good about it and I know we've had a good ride on the nursing train, but I'm still a little sad that he's big enough to stop. The fact of the matter is, after finding a sippy cup that he likes, he prefers a cup full of cold cow's milk ALL DAY LONG. We're down to once a day now...we'll see how long that lasts.

***

We were singing the wheels on the bus and were putting different words into the song. We started singing the Talmage on the bus, and asked T what the T on the bus says. His answer: The Talmage on the bus says Evie loves me, Evie loves me, Evie loves me...

***

Jim's firm asked him to stay for an extra two weeks. Technically, we are supposed to be in Disneyland right now, but we are definitely not. Luckily, a super nice family from church is letting us stay in their apartment for the next two weeks since they are out of town. And luckily, Coscto switched our Disneyland dates for no charge. And luckily, Jim's firm is compensating him handsomely for the extra work. I'm not complaining...except for the fact that I was supposed to be in Disneyland today, and I'm not.

***

With two grumpy boys in tow, I picked up the contents of my purse from the sandbox (Everett loves to take everything out of my purse these days) and hurried back to the car. When I got home, I realized that I had taken how someone else's unused diaper--huggies, size 5. Evie is still in size 3. I've felt rather guilty about it today and I'm considering bringing it back to the park. Ridiculous? Yes. And if I just leave it there, could I get a ticket for littering?

***

Our neighbors in our old house would pound on the walls everytime our boys made a peep. They ended up filing a formal complaint against us to the managers because of "baby noises in the morning." We loved that place, but that was definitely not it's best quality. Our new pad has nice neighbors...and furniture! In fact, we've been here 24 hours and Everett has started cruising for the first time. Cute.

***

We spent almost all of last week locked in the house. The boys and I were sick. It hit Evie the hardest, and we ended up in the ER. His fever was high and they couldn't bring it down. He wouldn't eat and no one could calm him down. It got scary for a while there. He has a double ear infection and an upper respiratory infection. Antibiotics have made a world of difference. I have everyday this week planned double busy to make up for last week ;)

***

T (totally randomly and at a million mph): I went skiing down a big hill with lots of snow. LOTS of snow and it was white and I was wearing my roller skates and they were yellow.
Me: Really? When was that?
T: At six o'clock. In Paris.

2 comments:

  1. Loved every single one of those random stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all of these tidbits! Way to go, Jim on the job... weaning=bittersweet (but kind of just sad in the moment), cute T prayer....stupid neighbors- that's what you get in apartment living, duh... scary about Evie- glad he's better.... totally laughed over that conversation with T.

    ReplyDelete