Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Graumans & Pinks

On Saturday morning we went to Grauman's Chinese theater to see Megamind. No, that movie is not new and yes, it was as hilarious as it's always been! During the summer Grauman's offers families the opportunity to come watch a movie on Saturday's in the historic theater for only 25 cents per person. Cheap and super fun--right up our alley!

After the movie we checked out the names and footprints around the theater, but Talmage really fell in love with this bench. He really wanted to sit in it.

Since we were already in Hollywood we decided to go to Pink's Hot Dogs, one of the last unchecked items from my original LA bucketlist. We got there at the perfect time because the line wasn't that bad. When we left the line wrapped around the building.

The food was really good and they had a lot of exciting options (James got the Olympic rings dog--onion rings and bbq sauce on top of a 10 inch dog). I wanted to compare it to Carney's, Pink's rival that we went to a few weeks ago, so I ordered the same meal--a chili dog with cheese. I gotta say, Carney's chili was more flavorful and the hot dog had more of a snap. Pink's fry's were better. Carney's had fountain Mug's fountain root beer--always a plus for me! Pink's had famous people all over the walls, but at Carney's you got to eat in an old train car. They were both fun experiences, but I think I like Carney's more!

Me and the grub...sweating my head off in the heat!

1 comment:

  1. I envy your ambitious nature which takes you on so many amazing adventures with your boys! Oh the energy you have...(sigh) I don't dare show my girls your blog for fear they will realize how much "life" I deprive them of. You are too cool for words, SUPERMOM!!!

    ReplyDelete