Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Clerk

I've forced James into first day of school pictures for as long as we've been married. But now that he's done for school forever (I keep reminding him what that means....forever, like never going back, like don't even think about an MD, PhD, MBA or any other crazy letter combination, like we are totally donesies) I will just start taking first day of work pictures! I know how much he loves first day pics ;)
 
Today was not his official first day of work (we've got a few more days of stay-cation before he leaves us again) but we did take a family trip to his courthouse this morning so that he could get sworn in as a law clerk. He's worked really hard in school, and life, and I'm just really proud of that boy. It was great to meet the amazing people he'll be working with and for, and to get a visual of where he'll be everyday.
 
 All dressed up outside the US Court of International Trade. Official first day photo ;) 

 Being sworn in as a law clerk by Judge Richard Goldberg.

Judge Goldberg was nice enough to take pictures with James, and then our whole family. He was actually the one who asked if I had a camera with me so that we could document the moment. Did I have a camera with me? Ha! You better believe I did!

The boys were great. Judge Goldberg let them play with his model Jaguar cars so they were in little boy heaven. I also bribed them with Goldfish crackers and candy--that probably helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment