Saturday, August 17, 2013

Start Spreading the News...

That's right, the Wiggy's have landed and we're now calling NYC home! 
 
It's been an interesting first week with super grumpy boys, summer storms and massive humidity (and no a/c in our apt), and a late moving truck (oh the joys of moving cross country when you're poor!) but we are still standing and I think the littles are adjusting more everyday. For the record, T's least favorite part of NYC so far is all the walking. "I'm tired and I really miss my car," he tells me all the time, while riding in his stroller! But he's loving Central Park, which is just 1/2 a block from our new abode, and we've been seeing a lot of it!
 
Since we had nothing to unpack during our first week in New York, we decided to go have some fun in the city. The boys were touchy, so we didn't go too crazy, but we had some fun nonetheless.
 
 The best pizza in New York is just two blocks from our house ;) I must admit, it's really good. I'll take you there if you come and visit me!
 
 M&M World where we each got 3 M&M's. Seriously expensive but the raspberry and coconut were yum!

Talmage and creepy Times Square Elmo! He smelled like pastrami and only spoke Spanish, but T seriously thought he was the real deal. It was so cute.

Hershey's World--James has decided he wants to forgo a birthday cake and have a ginormous Reese's instead. Sounds good to me!

 We are already loving our Natural History Museum Membership--thank you, thank you Aunt Nancy and Andrew!

 Eating lunch in Central Park is our new favorite thing to do.

 The most amazing window display I've ever seen--gold dinos holding purses. Awesome!!!
It made me really want a Louis Vuitton bag.
 
 Lego Land. We haven't quite caught the Lego bug in our house but I'm afraid it's right around the corner.
 
 The coolest toy store ever. And I mean, EVER!

 The real Batman and then that Lego one.

We went to Dylan's Candy Bar and each picked out a few little candies. That place is so delicious! Sometime during our New York stint I really want one of their donuts (piled high with candy). Yum!

3 comments:

  1. So happy to see these pictures, still so sad that NY is so far away! How I wish I could jump in the car at 6am and be in NY at 8am, like the good ol Palo Alto days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New York is amazing!! I cant wait to go back!! Hopefully SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still laughing about the creepy Elmo comment... seriously, I thought the same thing when we saw Elmo, Dora, and every other character they have there! You're right, at least our kids thought it was the coolest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete