Thursday, August 22, 2013

Rice to Riches

Since we were already downtown for Jim's {kind of} first day of work, we decided to make a morning of it and explore. Our first stop was the Brooklyn Bridge, which really is just as awesome every single time we go. Unfortunately, the blisters on my feet were the size of Texas by this point (and it was only 10 am, darn big feet) so we walked halfway to Brooklyn, and then turned and walked back. Talmage really wanted to see the Statue of Liberty from the bridge so we made that happen, and I got a few pictures of us with the cityscape. It was an all-around success!

Us with that great big and beautiful city in the background. We live there now. Weird.
 
After our walk on the bridge and a big morning at the court, I decided a true celebration was in order. And, of course, that meant a celebration of the sugar persuasion. When I lived here as a single person, those many moons ago, I fell in love with a place called Rice to Riches and that is where we went. We shared this little Rocky Road/Cheesecake rice pudding number and it was un-believable. So good!
 
I kind of love Everett shutting his eyes in delight at the taste of the pudding!

Me and the littles.
 
I love this place because it makes a killer dessert. But even if it didn't, it has some of the funniest signs I've ever seen. Here are some of my favorite:








3 comments:

  1. Love the looks of that yummy goodness that you shared! By the looks of Everett's face he loved it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do y'all stay so slim while eating all those desserts? I think almost every blog post mentions one! Do they take the place of meat and veg cuz yeah, I should try that too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you mean you eat vegetables or something? Ha! JK, we eat lots of healthy food too but we do share a treat every now and then. And by now and then, I kind of mean a lot!

      Delete