Sunday, August 4, 2013

He's 2. It's Terrible ;)

I guess I should mention that my baby is two. Two years old, that little pillbox! I've been in a state of mourning since his birthday--less because of the actual age and more because of his newfound attitude. Serious, serious two-year-old attitude. You better believe I've seen my fair share of attitude (my first kid was Talmage for heaven sake) but Evie has taken me more by surprise. He was so darn sweet for his first 23 1/2 months and about a week before his birthday BAM!, he turned into a grumpy Gus. He's given me a run for my money this summer, but just lately he seems to be chilling out a little and we're getting along better. Maybe that's why I'm finally blogging about his birthday, or maybe I just finally have a working computer again ;)  
 
We celebrated his birthday with a big bash at Papa and GG's house. He was very specific about his birthday wishes: "I want BIG pawty!" and "I want baw (ball) pawty!" I took his lead, and the party was a lot of fun. We had his favorite meal--hot dogs, Cheetos, fruit and lemonade and he was in two-year-old heaven.
 
Ever was obsessed with his birthday cake--it was ginormous and covered with sports balls and sprinkles!

Our boys were the only children at the party, but I decided since it was a two-year-olds birthday party we all needed to act like two-year-olds. So we did! We drank out of these cute cups and I think everyone actually enjoyed acting like a kid.

Yummy food and lots of presents. Everett now has every single ball ever invented and he love, love, loves them!


Evie blowing out his birthday candles on the big cake. It was a great party! We were so blessed to spend it with so much family. I wish I had pictures of everyone...I should have insisted on a group photo.

A few days later (and just a few hours after I returned from a last-minute trip to New York to find us a  new pad) we celebrated his actual birthday with cupcakes and two candles. Everett LOVES having happy birthday sung to him and thinks it's his birthday whenever we start singing that song. It's really cute!

 I love that little shy, flirty, sweet smile. What a cute little stinker I have!

 Blowing out his candles in one big huff!

Happy birthday Everett Knight. I love everything about you and am so grateful you are in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment