Sunday, August 4, 2013

TEvie in Tahoe

We ventured to Tahoe to spend some quality time with our Wigginton family. We've missed a few years of Tahoing and were glad to introduce Evie to the beautiful blue. Despite James being swamped with BAR study (we thought law school was bad, ha! bar study has been a beast), the little boys and I ended up having a lot of fun visiting with Cousin Lacey, going to the beach and exploring all things Tahoe.  
 
Auntie Care and Talmage-boy relaxing on the back deck of our cabin. Many-an-afternoon was spent hanging out on those lawn chairs. One day I came outside and T told me, "Mom, can you go back inside? I'm having some special alone time with Auntie Care!"

The men-folk took part in their very own version of the polar bear dash. It was dusk and beautiful when they dove in, but I was way too chicken to join them. Plus, I was needed behind the camera!

We took out a kayak a few times, and it was always easier when James came along. I took the boys out by myself a couple of times and always returned with screaming children. Talmage refuses to enter any kind of water without his goggles fastened to his head. Such a cute little dork!

There is a gorgeous nursery down the street from the cabin and I took the boys to check it out a few times on morning walks. Here they are rockin' out ;)

The boys really liked swimming in the water. We usually went in a few times a day and Everett (who is my water-chicken) even had a blast splashing around. Can you blame them? That water is amazing. 

We were at the beach when all of a sudden familiar faces paddled on up. Auntie Care and Uncle Bryce were enjoying Lacey's naptime! Talmage helped them into shore.

My sweet little poser at a super sweet beach-park in Tahoe City.

Papa and GG with the boys. T and Evie kept them busy, and they kept the boys well-fed! You should have seen their eyes dance when GG bought them Sponge Bob mac and cheese. Little kid heaven!

This was a special Papa moment with the little boys. Since James was studying full-time, Papa was giving me a much, much needed breather. Thank you!

I think this picture of Care, Bryce and Lace kayaking is just lovely.

One day we took the kids swimming on top of Squaw Peak. Last time we were up on top Talmage was 4 months old and got his first nose bleed! Luckily, there was no bleeding this time and a whole lot of fun. T was excited to show Auntie Care (our swimming expert) how he could "swim wif no fwoaties and takes breaths!"

Me and my boys enjoying the beautiful view of Tahoe.

This lovely lady turned 30 and we celebrated with a delish cake with 30 candles! Happy birthday beautiful sister!

Lacey was a little nervous for anyone to hold her, but by the end of the week we had developed a few little routines that let her know we were friends! (High five, pound it, hug, repeat.) Anytime someone was able to hold her I tried to take a picture and capture the moment.

My sweet little beach babies!

The girls took Talmage on his first rafting trip, which was a major success. He thought he was so big because he got to go all by himself, and we had lots of fun letting him paddle, swim in the river and sing boat songs.

Rafting might have been the highlight of this trip for me. It was so much fun!

By the last day of our trip James was going completely stir-crazy (by that time he hadn't even left the house in 3 days) so we went on a hike to Vikingsholm. It was a beautiful day for a hike (and then a swim) and it was so good to be all together.

My last time at Vikingsholm I was putting my babies chubby toes in the cool Tahoe water, this time he was independently swimming in it. Wow, 4 years changes things!

Papa with his grandbabies. Thanks Papa and GG for a fun family vacation in Tahoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment