Saturday, May 17, 2014

A little Ever pocket story


Putting on pants is quite the undertaking, I've learned through raising a toddler Ever Knight.  The problem is in the pockets, he informed me this morning. You see, Ever is quite independent lately and underwear is exclusively his thing. But that kid, he's notorious for having his undies on backwards. I must admit, seeing his cute little buns in backward undies is enough to make me never teach him, but after a few comments lately from friends and nursery leaders I decided it was time. It is time! So for the last few days I've reminded him (a gatrillion times) that the pocket goes in the front, but it seems that's easier said than done for good ole Everett Knight. He'd put those undies on after a trip to the Lou and then we'd spend the next 30 minutes re-putting them on, as if re-putting is even a word ;) This has gone on for days, with seemingly little progress, until this morning when he came out to show me "dat I'm weawy big now" because shoot darn heck those undies were on just right. We cheered and danced and made a pretty big deal out of this new achievement. Feeling like a pretty big deal himself after all that encouragement, Ever decided he'd try his hand at putting his shorts on. He came out from his room with those little britches on as backwards as can be and I couldn't help but laugh. "But mom," he said, clearly exasperated, "I put da pockets in da fwunt." And that he did. So then I had to explain to him that underwear pockets go in the front, but pant pockets go on his behind. He just shook his head, took off those shorts, and decided that wearing anything more than undies is pretty overrated anyway. This getting dressed business is trick-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment