Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The internet thinks I should move.

I took one of those silly online tests that was supposed to tell me where I should really be living. You know, because picking your next hometown based on the results of an internet test is totally responsible. So just in case you're wondering, I should be living in Indiana. Indiana? Yes, Indiana. Does anyone know absolutely anything about Indiana...or why I seem like someone should live there? Because I had a little bit of an identity crisis when I saw that on the screen.

But alas, we are living in New York City for the foreseeable future. Which I am totally OK with, especially since Mr. Sun is gracing us with his presence. I love this city a lot. But Talmage told the guy at AT&T today, "No, I'm not really a New York fan. I mostly just prefer Miami." Which, hello Miami Beach, I get it:

Yep, I'd take that on a daily basis too T.

And now let's talk about something random. Like that one time when James took out our garbage and came back with this:
A giant Barney is a totally reasonable friend to store in a tiny apartment, right?

The Tribeca Family Film Festival rocked, as it does. The best part for the littles was getting a balloon from the funniest balloon man you ever could meet. Ever got the Red Ninja turtle, and I'm just grateful that he really meant red when he said red (at what age do they test for color blindness?) and T got Spiderman hanging from the NY Times Building. 

A few Saturday's ago we went to the Sikh festival in Madison Square Park. Before we left we had a mini-lesson with the boys about what Sikh people wear, where they're from and all the other details we thought they needed so we didn't make a scene! There were thousands and thousands of Sikh people and we felt so lucky to be with them, learn more about their culture and religion, and taste their delicious food.

We picnicked with Melis and the girls and gosh, I can't stand to think about them leaving. The day was warm and breezy, and our kids ran around popping bubbles while we sat and ate Magnolia's banana pudding. One things for sure, if Indiana is going to win me over it better have a Central Park ;)

2 comments:

  1. I laughed my head off at the giant Barney surprise!! hahaha. Admittedly, I loved Barney as a child. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who purposefully moved to Indiana from here..as in researched and picked out the state because she and her family could live anywhere with her husband's job. She loves it! Personally I have a new fascination with Tennessee. Side note: Chase came over for dinner last night and said he's coming to see you soon. Hope you have a great time! I'm trying to convince our babysitter to not go on a mission and marry him:)

    ReplyDelete