Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A little Father-Son Action

Our church hosted a Father-Son Campout this last weekend and all three of my boys were beyond thrilled to spend some time in nature. I was thrilled at the thought of a pedicure and sleeping in, but I've got to admit that a quiet home was only awesome for about two seconds and then I missed my boys terribly. But this isn't about me, this is about them, and boy did they have a BLAST!!! They went to a campground in New Jersey and since being back I have heard T say at least a million times, "That was my first time ever sleeping in New Jersey. I just still can't believe I did that!"

We are a little low on camping gear (ie--we got nothin!) but luckily some friends had an extra tent and sleeping bag so we were set. T and Ever were so excited to sleep in a tent that they wanted to go to bed almost immediately. Luckily, James kept them up for the fireside festivities...but not much longer! Not that they went to sleep right away. I got a phone call from a sleepy, crying Ev a little before 11 pm saying, "Mommy, I want you here. I don't want you to be wif da gills. I just love you foweva." I assured him that I loved him forever also and that Daddy would keep him safe in their tent! Gosh, that little one sure knows how to get to me.

The report from the boys was that they roasted hot dogs, marshmallows and starbursts, and ate lots of cheetos and reese's.  Supposedly they didn't have much patience with roasting because they were so dang excited, but luckily they were OK with slightly cold hot dogs. And by OK, I mean they gobbled those puppies in two seconds flat!

A blurry but a goodie of T roasting a mallow!

My heart melts a little when I think about how these little boys are mine and their Daddy is awesome enough to take them camping. Good men-folk in my life I tell ya. I love that they had so much fun. I just love them.

1 comment: