Tuesday, June 24, 2014

My sincere thanks to the Historic Ship Society

 
James and I have long said that you can live like a King in NYC (on a pauper's budget) if you're just willing to wait in line. So just because we didn't score tickets to ride the historic boats on Pier 25 last Saturday, I dragged the family downtown to do what? Wait in line for some stand-by's! Our timing was impeccable and we were at the front of what ended up being a wrap-around-the-park line. We scored free tickets to ride the John J. Harvey fireboat (shown above) and were treated to a beautiful 45 minute spin around the harbor. Oh yeah, and a killer water display!


Warm weather brings out the best in me I tell ya. That sunshine breathes energy into my veins and I just can't wait for the next adventure. And luckily, this one did not disappoint. The weather was perfect, the cool Hudson air lovely and we got within swimming distance of our lovely Lady Liberty. A little splash pad action after the boat ride, mixed with an Asian fusion food truck lunch made for an absolutely ideal Saturday in New York City.

The view of that magnificent place we call home from the water. I thought I hated your guts all winter NYC, but turns out I'm falling in love all over again!

1 comment:

  1. That all looks awesome, but I think I am more focused on the little baby bump that I detect!! :)

    ReplyDelete