Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My 3 Wiggy Guys, All Wearing Yellow Ties.

“There is no other relationship quite like that which can and should exist between a boy and his dad. It can be one of the most nurturing, joyful relationships in life, one that can have a profound impact on who boys become and also on who dads become.”
M. Russell Ballard, “Fathers and Sons: A Remarkable Relationship,” Ensign, Nov. 2009, 47

There's not much else to say except that my boys certainly are lucky to have a dad like James, and he in turn has been made into such a better man because of them. I can't believe they are all mine--all three of them--but I feel so much gratitude that they belong to me. I gave all 3 of them Yankee's hats for Father's/Future Father's Day and James got a few bow ties (which he spent over an hour trying to tie before church!) He says he's grateful that he not only got some new apparel, but a new hobby! Per usual, the boys wanted their ties to match Dad's and I made those yellow tie wearing boys stop and take a picture before running into church. They might not all be looking at the camera, but shoot darn heck they are all smiling!  

We had a feast of a dinner (and breakfast, might I add) to celebrate the awesome Dad in our home. My favorite part of the day was hearing this conversation over dinner:
Ev: I'm gonna keep getting bigger and bigger and I'm gonna be a Dad just wike you! (pointing at James)
James: Ah, that's so nice Ev!
Ev: Um...am I going to be called James when I'm a Dad?

Happy Father's Day James and all the amazing fathers in our lives! We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment