Thursday, June 5, 2014

Cronuts, Pizza, Cute Kids and a Real Lawyer, in no particular order.

Let's just start this here blog post with the cutest Subway picture of all times. All those little bodies squished together and looking out the dark window is just about enough to make me take them all home. You know, except not because the 480 square feet thing. But that little Norah-girl on the right? I'd take her home for good regardless of how much (or little) space I had because she is just the sweetest, loviest, littlest baby girl ever and those full kissy lips--yeah, she's something else. Do you see how she's holding on to my shirt like that? It's one of my baby favorites and I'm counting down the days (read: months) until I have a little girl of my own in my arms! Norah and her family just moved across the country and in a fit of despair Talmage cried, "Why does everyone I love move to Oregon?" Two best friends in two years are pretty crazy odds...but looks like we have a real reason to visit that gorgeous state!

Hands down the biggest and most adorable game of Duck, Duck, Goose Central Park has ever seen. Everett was one of the last to be picked (littlest kid problems) and when it was finally his turn he looked at me with so much joy and shock and then started running as fast as those little, slightly bowed legs could carry him. So sweet, that one. He just looked over my shoulder and said, "Mom, can I wite somefing on dat bwog?" and when I said sure, and asked him what he wanted to say, he whispered with a grin, "I wuv you, say dat, ok?"

If there was ever something worth waiting in a super long line for, a Dominique Ansel cronut would be it. Luckily, a friend got a super large order and cabbed them back to the UWS so that everyone could try, and none of us had to be at the bakery by 5 am. Yes, people start lining up at that time...at the latest. This months cronut flavor was blueberry lemon and holy hannah, it was absolutely out of control. And in full disclosure, I ate a whole one and made all three boys share the other one.

Another big piece of news from this week (you know, right behind my blueberry cronut) is that James was sworn in to the California State Bar. His Judge swore him in here in NYC, and we celebrated with a pizza lunch and Magnolia Bakery cupcakes. That salad pizza was mine and it was every bit as wonderful as it looks. The boys thought the whole experience was pretty cool, and kept commenting about how proud they were that Daddy was now a real lawyer instead of just pretending to be one!!!

3 comments:

  1. Please oh please oh please come visit this gorgeous state! I know you would love it, and it would love you! Mostly we would love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We want to so bad! We were talking about your family all throughout dinner tonight!

      Delete
  2. Um, can I please have that pizza when I visit you? Yum! Love the Everett story, so cute!

    ReplyDelete