Friday, September 5, 2014

The Intrepid

We spent Labor Day on the USS Intrepid, a WWII aircraft carrier that has been converted into a museum, and the boys were in heaven being on that ship, and seeing that sub, and seeing those planes, and don't even get me started about the space shuttle because, wow, T's mind was most definitely blown. "That space shuttle was really in the real space?" he kept asking. Yes it was T (and turns out, after talking to Mema, that I saw it land after a space mission. Cool Mom points definitely scored on that one!) It was a fun little stay-cation day and made me realize again how fun it is to have little boys this age. It's just the best.

Everett may or may not be in for a rude awakening when he is no longer the baby. Don't get me wrong, he'll always be my baby, but I don't know how he's gonna take not being able to be carried at his every whim. Just sayin'.

Three of T's favorite planes:

Talmage is our resident plane expert and read all the signs and taught us everything we need to know. If I thought he was obsessed with planes before, gosh, that was nothing. He. is. in. love. Planes, trains and automobiles, that's our Talmage-boy.

Everett found the submarine particularly interesting, especially when we told him stories about Grampa cramping his huge body in those tight quarters. How anyone can survive in a sub is beyond me, but with as tall as my Grampa is? Sheesh. Overall, the Intrepid gets two thumbs up from the Wigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment