Saturday, September 20, 2014

They be learnin' things.


{Ever tried to get the attention of 6 3-year-olds at once? I was super good at it!}

B week was at my house, and in case you're ever co-op preschoolin' it and are signing up for letters--definitely pick B! I mean, what doesn't start with B? (except Captain America, sorry Ev) Day one we made Bee's out of B's, made and ate banana berry bread, built buildings with boxes and played with balloons. Day two we focused on bears (Going on a Bear Hunt and Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?) with activities and treats all focused on bears--gummy bears were definitely the highlight! We also worked on colors on day two. This is such a great group of kids and I'm anticipating a wonderful year of learning and growth for Ever Knight.

Making and eating their banana bread!

Everett is a very visual/artistic kid and I was super impressed at his attention to detail with this coloring activity. As you can imagine, almost every single other child scribbled one color over their whole paper and called it quits after 3 minutes. Everett, on the other hand, sat at the table for 20 minutes and colored each individual animal their respective color. He's an impressive Ev!

 {In the picture I am wearing Jim's Killers shirt, and you'll see T, Ev and Quinn at the library with me}

Last week James and I were able to go to Talmage's class for back-to-school night. In true me fashion, I choked up multiple times as his amazing teacher described what he would be learning this year. He {and we} are lucky to have such a fabulous school and fabulous teacher in our neighborhood. Have you ever felt so profoundly grateful about something that you can barely talk about it without crying? That's how I feel about this situation. I know T will learn so much this year, and more than anything he will truly learn to love school.


I loved finding his work around the room and made sure to leave him a little, secret love note in his writing folder as well. These were two of my favorite pieces--left you'll see an NYC moving truck, one of his obsessions as we start feeling cold weather again! And on the right is his soccer practice--subway stairs, big coaches and flying soccer balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment