Sunday, September 6, 2015

Tahoe with the Wigs 2015

We look forward to our Wiggy Reunion in Tahoe with sweet anticipation every year so when we realized that we could only spend 24 hours at the cabin before heading south to register T for school we were super bummed that our time with Wiggy family would be cut short. But, dun-dun-da-dun, Super-GG and Super-Papa saved the day and re-booked that beach-side cabin (and ultimately shortened their own vacation) so that the kids and I could spend more time with them on those crystal shores. It was so, super, totally generous of them and we were excited for an extra couple of days to play and explore and swim. We had a great time, as always, and hope there are many more Tahoe summers in our future.

Quinny and Tahoe got along quite nicely, especially since the water is low which allowed her to see (and grab, and taste) every last pebble and sea creature that that lake offered.

Everything is always more fun for these kids when Chaya is around. She's been on her mission for the last couple of Tahoe adventures, and boy were we all glad to have her back!

These lost boys spent their afternoons painting on oversized paper, playing hide-and-seek through the "castle" cabin and licking every last morsel of chocolate batter from their spatula swords. This moment screamed Peter Pan to me and I'm so grateful I have this picture to cherish forever. 

Mini-golfing with Chaya. See? I told you things were more fun with her! (Minus the meltdown right after this picture from my spicy, sassy, let's-just-blame-it-on-the-move-y Ever Knight)

The water levels may be low (the lowest I've ever seen) but this place is still beautiful. I just love our view from the deck.

The ropes course at Gralibakken was definitely the highlight of ^their^ Tahoe trip. I found this place last year but learned you have to make reservations weeks in advance because it fills up so quickly. This year I was quick to the draw and before I had even started packing our belongings in NYC I had made reservations for these two + Papa, GG and Chaya. At times I wondered why I had paid money to give myself a heart attack (because watching your baby fly upside down on a zipline will do that to you) but they had a blast and T keeps asking me when he can do it again! Tahoe tradition maybe?

The brave ropes course crew! Care and I stayed down with all of our babies, but one of these days you'll find me up there too!

T's tricks.

T's tricks take two.

Yep, everyone was all smiles after conquering the course. So fun for all these great people!

Saturday afternoon we took family pictures at the cabin. Our good friend Sara drove up from Sacramento to take them, and I've only seen a couple of them so far but they are gorgeous--can't wait to see and share them all. The picture above is from after the pictures, when I took all those cute munchkins to the candy shop and let them pick whatever the heck they wanted as a reward for smiling so big for my pictures! During the photo shoot Ever kept asking, "Mom, is dis a eawn-it smile?" Yes it was, and he has the treats to prove it! 

And just like that we were off to our new adventure in Southern California! On our way down we stopped in Bakersfield for some Dewar's ice cream (but let's be honest, we really stopped to see our favorite-ever Vicci)! The hour passed way too quickly but it was great to catch up over a delicious black and white. We hope to see you again really soon Vicci!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment