Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Talk Like a Pirate Day

Another year, another Talk Like a Pirate Day, another ridiculous quantity of donuts that we bring home for free and inhale way too quickly. This year the kids just dressed up because 3 dozen donuts was all I could really wrap my head around! They wore their "costumes" for days leading up to the actual Krispy Kreme adventure and practiced their best pirate talk. Talmage was pretty sure that the employees would be so scared of his mustache that they'd give him all the donuts in the whole store for free, not just a dozen! Everett insisted on wearing pirate treasure around his neck and I've been finding my jewelry all over the house (he says, "Mom! We aw piwates. It's ouw job to steal tweasho!") Quinn looked adorable as a little pirate mama. She wore the same costume her brothers have worn ever since T was a pirate for Halloween at 18 months old. Crazy that it fits her already--where is the time going? Three dozen donuts and I don't even want to tell you how many I've heated for 8 seconds in the microwave and stuffed in my face!






Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day to one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment