Thursday, September 3, 2015

The last few days of the Little Wigs in THAT big city

Time has a way of coming full circle, doesn't it though? It was just over two years ago that I was eating a Shack burger on what would become my bench outside the AMNH bawling because we were in a bidding war for the dream apartment I had found almost by accident (or better choice of words: by divine guidance) and I was afraid that place on West 70th was going to slip right through my fingers. It didn't, thank heaven, and two glorious years were spent living and loving within those walls. But then, in what felt like two blinks, I was eating the same burger on the same bench and crying familiar tears about the same apartment in the amazing city. But this time I wasn't afraid I was going to lose it, this time I knew I would. We had just packed all of our belongings into a moving truck and had a scheduled flight the next morning for California. The babies were in bed and James was finishing up some work and I knew right where I needed to be--choking down some cheese sauce and a Natural History Crunchstellation on my bench. I swear a little Shake Shack is healing for my soul.    


On my walk up the street I was offered a little inspiration from Honschar, who ya'll know is my favorite street pastor! Seriously Honschar, preach! My pedicure was definitely not what he was referring to, but silly as it sounds when I saw this on the street I thought, "You're right! I do got this move! I'll be just fine." And we are just fine, though admittedly missing our buddies, our favorite food and that city. 

Here are some pictures from our last few days in NYC: 

 James and I went on a fancy date to a restaurant around the corner from our house called Telepan. It was a weekday miracle that we were able to get in, especially since it was Restaurant Week and their prices were 1/4 of the normal set prices. We had the most delicious and interesting meal and it was so fun to play grown-up! {Oh yes, and mostly we're just grateful that our babysitter didn't bail after Quinn threw up everywhere right as we walked out the door!}

 Our last walk down the High Line was a success, but when is it not? This trip was especially sweet since we were joined by our dear friends the Shobe's and a big box of Donut Plant doughnuts. 

My boys have taken the transition so well, which makes me wonder if I'm feeling the pain for every single one of us! This was our last Sunday in New York. In primary Everett led the music, Talmage said the prayer, and I sobbed through both because I'm embarrassing like that. 

 Goodbye McDonald's sundaes with Becca, Roseanna and company. Thank you Vivi for actually acknowledging my existence! Not that I can blame the boys, those are some good sundaes!

I just have the best of best of friends. Goodbye-ing with a big group of friends at the park the day before we left and not a picture of anything but these cute cookies. They are adorable, but why didn't I get a picture of the beautiful women who I cherish? I'm so lame sometimes! I loved these heart and sun cookies so much and all the hands that made this party a blast for both young and old.

Quinny had her first popsicle at the goodbye bash and if you can't tell, she loved the heck out of that thing!

Talmage has been saving money since he lost his first tooth back in November for something really special. At first he thought he wanted to buy a magic set, but a few months in he said, "Mom, I think I actually want a watch because I'll use it more. It's more practical, Mom!"  That boy is a thinker, that's for sure. He saved every penny from losing a mouth-full of teeth, from his birthday and Christmas and from doing quarter jobs around the house and finally the week we were set to head West he had enough to buy himself his dream watch. Of course that kid didn't want any old watch--he wanted a fancy Swatch watch from the shop on 72nd. I was so proud of his restraint these past few months and all the hard work that went into him buying that little Batman watch!

My little hunk with his new accessory!

A few days before we left our good friends from T's school surprised us with tickets to a Brandon Flowers concert. It was one of the best double dates in the history of double dates, even if I couldn't hear myself think for a few days because of the ringing in my ears!

Oh Brandon, you sure know how to throw a great party!!! We left wishing we could go right back in and start the whole concert over again!

That's all folks. The Wig's are Californians yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment