Saturday, July 23, 2016

4th in Sac

Chase and Meghan blessing sweet baby Hunter over 4th of July weekend offered a great excuse for us to head to Sacramento, celebrate with family, show off Coco and drop off the boys for a week of fun with Mema and Pepa (cleverly named Me-Pa camp!) It was a low-key weekend in all the best ways. And gratefully my Dad's famous fireworks stand impressed my babies just as much as it had impressed me growing up. 

We spent hours on Saturday morning lounging with the Big Wigs. The kids read books, played and ate while us adults talked and caught up. It was seriously so much fun to spend time with them and we all left wishing there were more hours in the day.



Winc Wincs with his new little girlfriend, Coco!

The (not so little anymore) Wigs at Hunter's blessing.

How beautiful is this little family? I am so happy for Chase and Meghan for welcoming such an amazing young man into the world. He's so little and yet I already love him so much. Being an aunt is the greatest!

Great Papa is in a Memory Care facility and we went to visit him on Sunday afternoon. The kids did great, but at one point T started crying because the Papa that we were visiting was not the Papa he remembers. It was so heart braking to see T fall apart, but we explained to him that the same Great Papa we adore is still there, his body is just sick so he doesn't quite act the same. He no longer can talk at all, but I'd like to think that he was communicating with us through his eyes and his smile and he was happy we were there. I was sure to take as many pictures as I could and I know my babies will always cherish these pictures with their Greatest Papa. (Gosh I love that man!)






^^The handsomest picture of my hubby right there!^^


Great Papa (James LEROY's namesake) and KK (Ever KNIGHT's namesake) on their wedding day. If that couple is not the loveliest I don't know who is!

Grammie and T playing an epic game of Jenga!



July 4th ladies!!!

Boy did they miss their triplet cousin Lucy, but boy do they really love each other!

Popsicle pals. 

My parents hosted a 4th of July BBQ and our entertainment just happened to come in the form of patriotic whistling by Papa and T. It was adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment