Friday, July 22, 2016

Aunt Ash Comes To Town

It's no secret that I'm obsessed with my sister. She is one of the greatest people I know and I love her with every single teeny tiny part of my heart. When she found out I was pregnant, she immediately volunteered to come help take care of me and my kids after the baby came. Obviously I jumped at the opportunity to get some time with her and have her love on my new dumpling (who I already knew would be named after her, but she didn't yet!) Since we've always had babies consecutively we've never been able to be there after each other's birth, but this time she went to great efforts and sacrifices to make it happen (including taking time off of work, finding child care for her kids for the whole time she was away, paying for travel, spoiling my kids silly, etc. etc. etc. for days!) We loved having her with us and I started feeling nervous as the days wore on and I knew she'd have to leave. I'd get teary-eyed and say, "OK, so...when are we going to see you again?" and I'd start planning like my life depended on it because the real answer of I don't know just made/makes my heart sink. Of all the injustices in the world, Ash and I not being neighbors has to rank pretty dang high! Thank you Ashleigh for coming to Los Angeles and bringing so much love, fun and comfort. I love you!  

Ash was squished between my two girls in the middle row for her whole visit. She was equal parts make Quinn laugh, try to not get hit by the crazy boys and re-binky Coco. Bless her.

Gorgeous Ash and handsome Ever Knight on his birthday.


Thanks to Aunt Ash, Quinny now begs for "doggy" on my phone. I finally downloaded darn snapchat in an effort to entertain her (and stop hearing her complaining) but I'm old and can't figure out how to use it. Come back Ash, please?

Randy's Donuts was a win and I can't wait to go back. Just IMO, go for the glazed round. Also, watch Justin Timberlake's newest music video!

If you could only hear Ever bossing Ash around right here. "Stop talking Aunt Ash. Build. Dig faster! Come on Aunt Ash, don't use your hands USE THE SHOVEL!" That kid. 


#funaunt




We didn't think we'd go in the water but when we got to the beach it was calling Ash's name and she went boogy boarding fully clothed. Watching her laugh and crash through the waves was one of the highlights of my week. Thanks again Ash for coming, and bringing so many smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment