Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Today

Today is Wednesday. Which means that two days ago was Monday. Today marks six weeks since Cora was born but Monday marks the start of my new life having four kids, no extra hands and still living a life. Monday we had dentist appointments, today a slew of doctors visits and all week long we have swim lessons (next week too). I've gotten dressed and left the house every day this week. Riighhhttt? Getting out with my circus looks just as silly as you can imagine and is probably louder than you can imagine--especially when swim lessons just happen to coincide with nap time so that crazy one-year-old comes home screaming like she is being tortured (sleep deprivation is ugly, and indeed torture for us all). The kids and I also went to the ward BBQ tonight and plan to try the beach on Friday so I'd say we're winning right now. Leaving the house with the kids is scary and I get a little anxious (because, Quinn!) but it's not been as bad as I thought it would be and I'm so darn proud of myself at the end of every day. I'm rocking this, guys. I've got four kids, and I'm {mostly} rocking it!

One things for sure though, I'm ridiculously exhausted at the end of the day. I can hardly keep my eyes open right now if I'm telling you the truth. But today I read a scripture story about Jesus rebuking his disciples for not recording miracles (3 Nephi 23:11) and I wrote next to it, "remember to write down your miracles, Heath!" and then tonight I experienced a little miracle of my own so I feel like Heavenly Father is testing me to see if I was really listening. I heard you, God! So here we go. I went to the ward BBQ tonight and left with four crying, dirty, grumpy children and a woman I offered to drop off at home. I was a little frazzled and trying to hurry and I put my phone on the roof of my car while I packed things up. And you know what? It wasn't until I took the lady all the way home, made a few hard stops and a lot of swerves and was in my parking garage that I realized my phone was missing. And you know where I found it? Exactly where I had placed it--on the roof of my car! It might not seem like that big of a deal, but boy is that a miracle to me. I immediately thanked Heavenly Father for this and am publicly proclaiming the miracle now. Amen!

Now, here are a couple pictures from today that are actually getting posted today (maybe the real miracle?!) and then I am off to bed! 

 6 weeks, 11 lbs, 23 inches and the saddest ever boo-boo lip when those shots were administered. Her siblings couldn't handle the nurses hurting their baby and had to sit in the hallway. That Coco is beyond loved. 

That whole hold-onto-my-shirt situation? Gosh, all the heart eyes for this baby girl.

She walked into her room to play with her brothers, and came out looking like a little Diva. To know Quinn is to love her. She is the funnest.

Matching strawberry outfits but Cora wasn't feeling the photo op and at some point during the morning Quinny lost her matching bow. It was returned tonight, however, by our neighbor's dog who found it in the lobby of our building. I have a feeling that matchy-matchy outfits are only going to get more fun with these two cute girls. I have two girls. Life is SOOO good!

Summer, amiright? Quinny after tonight's BBQ. Showers required tonight, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment