Wednesday, April 26, 2017

31 on the 13th

James turned 31 on the 13th of April--his reverse golden birthday! Since the kids and I were in Utah on his actual big day, we decided to celebrate with him the week after with a big chocolate strawberry cake and the cutest homemade cards. As I'm sure you remember, last year's 30th birthday celebration was pretty horrific and even though I wanted to hatch a grand plan to make up for that mess with a big to-do, I quickly realized that the best birthday celebration we could give him was a quiet night at home...with some chocolate! Besides, his work is so unpredictable that we never know if and when he'll be around. I had to laugh because on his pretend birthday he told me late in the afternoon that he'd be home before the kids went to bed so we grabbed the opportunity and whipped up a cake, only to get a call when that bad boy was in the oven that he was not, in fact, going to make it home after all. I kind of spoiled the surprise and told him what we planned, and luckily he could run home for a slice of cake and a kiss for each kid before getting back to work. Life is crazy right now, but good crazy. I mean, look at all of the smiling faces in the picture above--we are blessed.

Happy, happy birthday James! We love you and are so, so grateful for the life you give us!

1 comment: