Friday, November 17, 2017

Lately Leftovers

A little bit of leftovers from the past few weeks. 

Dinner prep looks a lot like this these days. And if you think she's playing or laughing, you're wrong. Loud and long screams mixed with clawing and pinching my knees. Good times, good times.

My Thanksgiving table decor is going nowhere fast and that's probably because any and all creative juices die when I see my darn cornucopia as pumpkin hats thanks to Miss Quinn! T minus one week until Thanksgiving, I better get on it or this is what my guests will see!

Quinn is OBSESSED with Bob the Builder and wears her construction hat basically everywhere these days. She has that cute, cute princess box but she refers to it as her toolbox because I am basically raising my tomboy twin. She walked into the kitchen yesterday wearing her hard hat and a stethoscope and I said, "Awesome Quinn, do you want to be a doctor or a construction worker someday?" And she looked at me defiantly and said, "No, I'm going to be Hulk." She's getting her practice in, let me tell you!

Everett ran into the kitchen like there was an emergency on Sunday night because he wanted me to see this vibrant sunset out our front window before it disappeared. In our two-plus years in Los Angeles this is the prettiest sunset I have ever seen, so I understood his excitement. I'm so glad he recognizes beauty and invites me to view it by his side. 

Every morning I call the boys in to the bathroom to get their hair combed and 9 times out of 10 Everett comes in, puts on a baseball hat, and laughs hysterically about out-smarting his brush-yielding Mama. First graders think they're so funny sometimes!

James said, "Who wants to say the prayer?" and cute Coco who was sitting at the table for the first time raised her hand high and proud.

When one of my kids specifically asks for their picture to be taken I make it a practice to never say no, even if it is with a silly Boba cup on the street in Westwood Village.

Party in the closet--clothing optional, massive amounts of stuffed animals required.

Her hair is too fine and silky to hold the curlers, even with some ratting and hairspray, but she sat super still and actually loved this girly little moment so I'm calling it a win. Can't wait to do it again!

We hosted the children from three families after church a few Sunday's ago and my partner-in-crime was on lunch duty. I laughed as I walked in to a whole loaf of bread on a hundred different plates being made into so many different sandwich concoctions. So grateful that when he's home, he's present.

No comments:

Post a Comment