Tuesday, November 7, 2017

One-stop shop for Hallo-wigs 2017!

It's a few days after the blasted time change and we are suffering hard core over here. Let's just say that sleep is already a sensitive subject in the Wiggy abode and so when we "fall" back and the girls start waking up at like 4 am, well that's just not cool. We are all tired, there are lots of tears and we're all ready for dinner and bed by 3 in the afternoon. Is that acceptable or no? And by "dinner" I mean frozen pizza or yogurt and fruit, just wanted to clarify. 

Anyway, in an effort to minimize the number of Halloween posts on here (because the week of Halloween was basically just a non-stop party and because I'm tired ya'll, I'm tired) I put it a-a-a-allllll in this one big, fatty blog post. So here it is, your one-stop show for Halloween with the Wigs. Cupcake decorating, Boo at the Zoo, trunk-or-treat and Halloween night, coming right up!

I spilled some milk when I was making a bottle for Cora and when I came back to clean it up this little guy was staring me straight in the face. Either I'm watching too many episodes of Stranger Things or a ghost is living in my refrigerator. Either way, it was kind of an exciting way to welcome the week of Halloween!

Cupcake decorating with friends from school. I made homemade chocolate cupcakes and ate about twenty of them. #worthit 

She wanted to be a scary cheetah, NOT a cute one, but unfortunately for her she has the sweetest face that just couldn't be scary no matter how much make-up we had! Luckily she was happy with her little nose and I just couldn't get enough of her.

He's known that he wanted to be Falcon for months and it just about killed him to wait for Halloween to wear his costume. This boy still loves to dress up all of the time and since Halloween has been in his costume at least every other day!

He requested this shot and I just love him so much.

T HATES smiling in pictures so he was soooo excited that his costume had a mask. He literally mentioned it 100 times throughout the weekend. "Hey Mom, isn't it the best that I have a mask that covers my face so I don't even have to smile?!"

Can't keep shoes on her feet to save my life but seeing her in Quinny's recycled Minnie costume made me smile from (mouse) ear to ear. She's the perfect little caboose, that Cora, and she brought home all the suckers with that smile of hers.

My cute four all dressed up for Boo at the Zoo (Saturday morning at 8 am--basically I'm a miracle worker!)

With our membership passes we were able to go to the zoo early on the weekend of Halloween for trick-or-treating with the animals. It was cool and quiet and the animals were so alert and wild! We saw the cheetahs (I know these are leopards, but don't try to tell Quinn that fact) play fighting with each other and it made the whole trip. It was SOOOO cool, and just a little bit scary.

But let's be really honest, the cheetah's were awesome but these friends really made the trip! We love those McKissick's like crazy and had so much fun zoo-ing with them.

+
I love the cute faces of these friends watching the crazy monkeys fly around the ropes in their cage. I don't think I've heard laughs like that from my boys in ages. It was awesome, and super entertaining.

Me and my Wiglets next to our spirit animal, those tall, tall giraffes!

You want to see at least a half dozen pictures of me and James dressed up as SNL cheerleaders? OK, good, cuz here they are! James and I are two old and tired parents so since we were fun and dressed up this year it's basically my duty to over-post! Funny story is that I was the one who made James stay up late memorizing and practicing the various cheers but then at our church's trunk-or-treat he was all into it and I was so embarrassed and shy. I love parties and am an extrovert but clearly not a performer!




This is the only picture I got of the kids that night, but needless to say they scored in the candy department and had so much fun!

My Sunday skeletons at church. I love these little ones so much!


We had the McKee's over on Sunday for pumpkin decorating and the best part was that both boys were so into it and really did their own thing (even gutting them--a first!) Older kids are so much fun. I can just tell that I am going to love every stage of being a mom to these two.



These little three enjoyed coloring their pumpkins with markers. And then sucking on the markers. And eating pumpkin seeds--goop included.

She was at the table with us for almost the whole time. She is such a fun little chica and her personality is shining bright these days.





Our best set of pumpkins yet!

Our spooky stoop and the little lovies ready to go eat chili with the Burnett's and then trick-or-treat on Halloween night. 

Baby cousins at their (almost) first door.

We broke from the rest of the group and checked out Thayer, this crazy awesome street in our area that goes ALL OUT on Halloween. It's so busy and over-the-top, but both of those things kind of excite me so it's really fun. Plus, king size candy bars!


We love the Dodgers. We love the Dodgers. We're sad for the Dodgers, so so sad.

I wish I would have gotten a picture with all of our trick-or-treating buddies but at least I got a family picture.

CANDY COUNTING--Ever Knight style.

CANDY COUNTING--Mr. T style.

We kept up our ridiculous tradition of watching a Halloween movie and bingeing on candy on Halloween night. Poor Daddy was falling asleep on the couch and the girls were of course in bed but me and the boys, we ate and watched until the very last second. It's probably not the best idea for a school night but I'm hoping the long-term memories of this fun tradition will be worth it! I think they will. Happy Halloween 2017, that's a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment