Wednesday, November 29, 2017

The weather, the weather

I remember living in New York a few years back and talking endlessly about the weather on this blog as if we were on a blind date and had nothing in common. Oh, it's so cold. Oh, it's snowing again. Oh, my out-of-the-shower wet hair froze solid on my walk down the street. To be fair, we have plenty in common and I think our relationship is blossoming quite nicely...it's just...THE WEATHER! I don't know what it is about me but I really, truly do love to talk about the weather and at that point in my life and location, this sun-loving gal had a lot to complain about.

A few years later and on a different coast, you'll still find me talking about the weather but now it's all Oh, isn't it amazing to have multiple beach days during Thanksgiving break? and Oh, isn't it wonderful to wear t-shirts year round? and basically We are ruining ourselves and any potential long-term home for good because the weather. here. is. PERFECT! I really love Los Angeles; I love it more than I ever imagined I would and I love it for so very, many reasons but nearing the top of that list is, you guessed it, the weather.

  Last week the kids had the whole week off of school for Thanksgiving and since it hovered in the 80's the whole time we made the most of it with a trip to the zoo and a day at the beach with our buds. It was a whole lot of fun and left me feeling so grateful for this beautiful place we call home.

Animals--in and out of the cage!

Sweet friends.


I would relive this day over and over if I could. This was the BEST beach day of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment