Monday, December 4, 2017

Thanksgiving

If watching ridiculous Christmas movies was a sport then I would be the winner for sure. Believe me, if Netflix or Amazon shows it, I have watched it, just let me know if you want some suggestions.

Also, I'm behind on the blog, like always, so I'm going to spend the evening posting about a trillion memories that can't be missed. Aaaannnnnnd, watching Merry Kissmas. 

Thanksgiving was busy and I'm ashamed to say I didn't feel the holiday spirit as much as I should have. Somewhere between the gas running out on the BBQ with our cold ham inside, Quinn dropping a glass and slicing open her foot and then a few poopy problems the magic seemed to fly out the window. James' turkey was somehow even better than last year and our home was full of beloved family and friends so there was much to be grateful for and I hope that's what I remember for many years to come, but I also hope that next year I'll feel it in the moment. 

We may not have napkin rings just yet, but our DIY hack was actually pretty darling and the planning plates with Noni's signature sticky notes made me feel like she was close. 

Our table for twenty.

The tables were so beautiful, but also edible--so win win. 

Since we decided to do one long table the kids sat on the end but had coloring sheets to keep them entertained.




A whoooooole lotta food on that table and a whooooooooole lotta leftovers after we were done feasting.

85 degrees on Thanksgiving--you can't complain about that, right?

Do I look tired in this picture? Because I was tired in this picture! But I'm so grateful this year that Chase and his family have lived close to us for the last few months...what am I going to do without them?

No comments:

Post a Comment