Friday, December 8, 2017

just a few little things...

For the last few weeks Quinn has been daily asking to wear her pom-pom shirt; the only problem is she doesn't have a pom-pom shirt! It's led to many-a-heated discussion between the two of us and always left Quinny disappointed, and wearing stripes. A few nights ago we were dropping something off at someone's house and we drove by the temple with their gorgeous light display. Quinn immediately started screaming with excitement, "Look at dose pom-poms! Dey are so beautiful with their lights!" That's when I realized that she thought palm trees were called pom-pom trees and the shirt she was looking for was a surfer tee with palm trees all over it. When we got home I brought out that shirt and she jumped up and down saying, "Yes! Yes! Dat is da shirt I always wanted. I never could found it!" On a surface level, I was just grateful to please that little three-year-old, but on a deeper plane I thought about how often a small mis-spoken word can lead to confusion, disappointment and maybe even sadness. That moment was a lesson to me, it seems Quinny is always teaching me! 

Reading the sentences Everett writes for homework is one of the funniest parts of my day. Sometimes I have time to sit and help correct a few mistakes, and some days I'm just so proud that he will do his homework by himself and we turn it in, backwards numbers and all. This week his sentences were particularly cute to me, so I wanted to remember them here!

He still fist-grips pencils but as of about a month ago he no longer sucks his thumb at night so we are making steps toward him growing up. He loves to be my baby and he always will be, but it's so fun to see him grow and learn and become such a fun and wonderful person.

I was sitting on our kitchen floor taking cleansing breaths while the little ones finished their dinner and she came over to give me a "shashage." It basically consisted of her violently pulling and pushing my sweatshirt away from my body but hey, she was trying to be a nice girl so I was grateful and excited. Also, we're growing out her bangs--at least that's what I think we're doing. As of now, she just always has hair in her eyeballs!

Basically if I'm not holding her or allowing her to grab onto my pants or shirt she looks like this, and so she looks like this a lot lately because hello! mamas busy girlfriend! For the last few days she's decided that I'm overrated anyway and she only wants to be held by Talmage. She honestly can't get enough of him and it's so cute, and such a help for me!

These two are sooooo cute. The girls stayed with Daddy to find us a seat in the chapel and the boys came with me to print off some papers for my Relief Society lesson and as I looked over at them hanging out by the printer I felt so lucky to have them in my life. And PS--how random and adorable that I have a blonde and brunette.

Talmage tried to help me by cutting the store tag off of his brand new jeans. He didn't realize that the patch on the back was under it, and before long that was halfway off as well. It's not that big of a deal, but I smiled and shook my head when I saw what he had done. He's my oldest and so often gets treated like he's far older than he actually is, but then sometimes it's so clear that he's still just a little boy. And a silly one at that. I think I've decided that 3rd graders are the funniest and maybe weirdest group of little people I know. For instance, his friends are obsessed with triple back flips, Chuck Norris, telekinesis and calling people Mr. Avocado Man. They pretend to yodel, are always talking about John Cena and T recently informed me that his handball codename is Voldemort because he uses black magic so much. The most random 3rd grade action of late is that a kid in his class is OBSESSED with car insurance and I guess if anything ever goes wrong he says, "You should have had better car insurance." And the kids think this is the funniest thing in the world. I love 3rd graders, especially the one who belongs to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment