Tuesday, December 19, 2017

The Storm Before the Calm(ish)

December is always a busy time at school, work, church and home. This year was no different, and had me thanking my lucky stars that I finished most of my shopping in November so that I could focus on the many other tasks at hand--like helping the boys celebrate Multicultural Week, getting the kids fancied up for the tree lighting at S&C, surprising James with his new ice cream maker and spending some girl time with my little miss! Usually we talk about the calm before the storm, but this December was another example of the storm coming before the calm that Christmas Eve and the Savior thankfully bring. 

During multicultural week every student is invited to bring food that represents their culture. While last year we brought crumpets and clotted cream for England, this year we kept it super easy and brought Donuts--because Wiggintons are American and we celebrate Saturdonuts! Of course those donut holes didn't last a second with all those children and both boys were thrilled with our contribution. As for me? I went straight for the dumplings!



Bring out a camera and you're instantly popular around these parts. I love my babies and that their friends always jump in to party with us!


The kids looked and acted like angels at Daddy's work for his annual tree trimming. This event always makes me just a little nervous because there are glass ornaments and glass champaign glasses and lots of fancy food and fancy people and a staircase that Quinn just can't get enough of, but I'm happy to report that they were all on their best behavior and we got out of there with big smiles!

No pictures of the cookies from our exchange, but these little friends surely make up for it!

If you look closely you can see two little heads staying up late with Mom to watch some Studio C!


Mani-Pedis with my Quinny Cat.

Lest you think she's gone girly, as soon as we were home this scary mask was on her face and she wouldn't take it off, even for the picture of our pretty nails!

The ice cream man at work, with a few admirers surrounding him!


Homemade neapolitan with a baby bird looking on who most definitely wants a bite.


Cookie decorating party at the Redfords was a success. I'm so glad that they made this happen since I didn't have it in me! Happy Christmasing, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment