Friday, December 29, 2017

Goodbye-ing at the Griddle

It was a birthday celebration for sweet Meghan, but also a farewell breakfast as they are leaving Los Angeles and returning to the cold (and continued education) that Idaho brings. I can't convey how much I have loved living close to family and how much my heart hurts that we returned from Sacramento to a city void of the littlest McKees. I'm hoping and wishing and praying that we'll be close to them again, but for now I'm trying to change my sadness to gratitude that we were able to spend so much time with them over the last 4 1/2 months.

We dined at The Griddle, a perfect place to indulge for this pregnant Mama and breakfast-loving birthday girl. We ate pancakes and french toast and eggs Benedict and some of the yummiest grilled potatoes I've ever tasted. As we were stuffing our faces, I told sweet Meghan 22 reasons why I love her, admire her, and was grateful for her. She's such a good, patient, kind and deliberate person and I could have named 22 X 2! It was a wonderful morning and I'm grateful that it was just me and them and I could really soak up their goodness (and let's be honest, get lots of Hunter lovies!)

It was bright, sorry Chase!


We probably could have shared one meal, but instead we ordered five for three adults. We do breakfast (and life?!) right!



Come visit Aunt Heddy soon, ok Hunter-boy? I love you...and your mom...and your dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment