Tuesday, December 12, 2017

L.A. Auto Show

I was already planning on surprising Talmage with a trip to the L.A. Auto Show on Thursday after school, but then school was cancelled due to bad air quality and so we made a full day of it. Never ones to miss a moment of fun, my little ducklings and I got there at 10 am when it opened and didn't leave until 3 in the afternoon. The true car enthusiast in the family could have gone even longer (because "look at those lambos!" and "there's a formula one!" and "i so wish i could take that dragster for a spin!") but his little sisters were a bucket full of tears after five hours and it was time to give them a break. I never thought I'd raise a car kid because I am not a car person in the slightest but look at me, raising a car kid like it's my job! In truth, the L.A. Auto Show was waaaay more fun than I thought it would be and they did such a good job making it family friendly. The kids left with all sorts of swag, racing posters, Hot Wheel cars and their name in a drawing for race car tickets and a new car (can you imagine how amazing that would be if we won a new car?!!!) It was such a good day and I'm so grateful to have had an easy way to show T that I love him and his world.

On Wednesday I was dropping the boys off at school and could see the smoke from the Skirball fire right behind the temple. It was SO crazy, and a little bit scary. The fire was only about four miles from our house, but luckily we were safe and it never got closer. My heart and prayers and thoughts were with all of the people who were evacuated or lost their home. It's been such a hard year in California with so many fires.

In the picture above the red area is the Skirball fire and our home is basically directly under that Westwood sign. It never got any closer than this, but school was cancelled on Thursday and Friday.


I don't know, cars are cars to me--but the two above are pretty great colors!




This looks like my future, and it's scary!


If you look closely there are a lot of filthy children in that Maserati!






Now that's my kind of mini (Minnie) van!


Quinn: Hey, Mr. Powice. Can you put your gwasses on and take a picture wif me?

Thanks T for leading us on such a fun adventure. I love your car-loving self!

No comments:

Post a Comment