Sunday, December 10, 2017

Or-derves Party!

Growing up my Noni and Grampa hosted all of their friends for hors d'oeuvres on Christmas Eve before our big family dinner of Nana's favorite prawns, Aunt Michelle's salad and my mom's perfect rolls. That tradition has morphed over the years to accommodate moves, additions to the family and changing needs, but it still holds such a dear place in my heart and this year I was determined to start that tradition in our home, for our kids, and to honor the great legacy my grandparents began. I love traditions and I'm incredible sappy/sentimental, so this event was bound to be a win-win.

If I lived in a mansion, every single person I knew would be invited to dine with us. As it was, we had nearly 30 people (over half of them under 8 years old) to our house on the first Sunday in December to eat appetizers and dessert and watch a Christmas devotional broadcasted by our church. James folded our cloth napkins into Christmas trees, I pulled out my new Christmas Spode for it's inaugural use and we cooked the afternoon away. I imagine my friends were doing the same thing, because you should have seen the delicious food that they brought into my home to share. It was a magical, delicious evening.  

The kids were desperate to help and T wanted to make a welcome sign for our front door. He was too impatient to wait for us to spell hors d'oeuvres for him so he took matters into his own hands. I love it! 

Before there was a party there were three little ones who got to go to primary together for their first time! Quinn is only visiting for a few more weeks, but despite her glare they were all thrilled to be in Junior Primary together. 

T was trying to put a smile on his grumpy sisters face, and it worked!

That same Sunday was also Coco's first day of nursery, which went super well--NOT!!! For weeks she has been begging to go to nursery and playing in there with James or I in the hallway but of course the day she's actually allowed to go (and I'm teaching so I need her to go) she screams and yells and ends up being brought to me in the middle of my lesson. Little stinker! I think it's because Quinn wasn't in there because of her primary visit, but regardless we've got to get this figured out, and fast!

The two little nursery cousins.


Everett didn't want to miss out on helping so he set up games for the kids in the backyard. He was a little disappointed that they wanted to be crazy-town instead of play his designated games, but I thought it was adorable nonetheless.






How many different angles of that delicious food can I possibly put on this blog? But I'm serious, each one is worth it! I love appetizers and dessert sooooo much!

I'm so mad at myself for not getting a picture of the whole group of kids before they started leaving, but here are some of them (including the dabbing silly-head) in front of our tree. I love these people!

Having family at this party was the best. I love little Hunter-boy and his parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment