Saturday, November 4, 2017

The Stevensons in SoCal

A few weekends ago the Stevenson family came to Los Angeles to visit us Wiggity-Wigs and seeing all those cousins together warmed my heart almost as much as our beautiful weather warmed their Utahn bodies! I was sad that it was ONLY going to be mid-70s when they visited and then Carolyn reminded me that the weather is already hovering in the 50s where they live so the 70s was A-OK. Our school district doesn't have a fall break so the boys were still in school and James of course was still at work, but we fit in some good playtime and look at this picture of SO MANY family members at the boys' primary program at church! Wow, it was special to share it with our lovies. Carolyn mentioned that they should make this an annual trip and mark my words I'm going to hold her to it! It was so nice to see each other again and we can't wait for more fun trips to come.

Look at those cute girls posing together. More specifically, look at that girly-girl Lacey-Lou who picked a handful of flowers to hold in the photo and look at that wild-child Quinn-a-lynn who only smiled because I bribed her with chocolate chips! If you want to see why I had to bribe her, look at the next pictures (her true colors, shining through):

...and...
Attitudey, tudey fruity!

Saturday morning means yummy breakfast, especially when our games are later in the afternoon, and since James was on a 17-mile run I was the one manning the griddle (scary!) Luckily I had these little ones helping a sister out and would you believe it, not a single burnt pancake was made! If you know me, you know that's no small thing. 

James was doing some work from home on Saturday afternoon and our resident Daddy's girl curled up after her crib-nap to take a lap-nap. I don't know that she's EVER done this before and it was SOOOO cute. Look at her arm tucked under her head and those puckery lips. Oooh, that girl is delicious! 

Just one more, closer this time. Little Coco is growing up so fast. I'm loving our family dynamic as she's getting bigger so no complaints here, but I'm so glad I have this picture so that I can always remember her being little and curled up on Daddy's lap. 


James brought his sister and her crew to his office to see a brilliant sunset over the Hollywood hills and I'm so glad he was able to share that with them. Mostly we were excited to share Shake Shack with them at the new and improved Century City mall, but the office was pretty great too!


These two crazy cousins went to nursery together like champs and insisted on walking out hand in hand. My heart almost couldn't handle the cuteness of these two who are alike in so many ways.

The moon peeking through on our Sunday walk through the neighborhood. We love where we live!

Uncle Jim is missing sweet Lacey and her brothers. We still have notes and artwork all over our house from this special lady and I wish we lived closer and she could come hang with us more often. We love you Stevenson family. Thank you so, so much for the visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment