Thursday, October 11, 2018

ELLEN!!!

Alternate Titles for this post were: a dream come true, living my best life, I danced like a fool and this was so worth the cost of childcare. All of them would have fit like a glove. Another alternate: I'm blessed to have great friends, and a follow-up to that one, when your friend offers you a ticket to Ellen make sure you say yes immediately. I did, and I don't regret it. I really do have some wonderful friends. Aaaaaannnnnnd...three out of the four of us basically wore the exact same outfit, so how's that for bein' in sync.

I'm fairly choosy in my daytime activities sans kids mostly for practical reasons: busy schedules and expensive babysitting, most of the time it doesn't seem worth it. But for Ellen I was willing to turn everything upside down and it seems silly to say but it really was one of my favorite days in recent memory. I'm an extrovert through and through so being in a room of adults that wanted to dance and be happy and even make fools of themselves in the process literally pumped me with energy. We taped two shows back to back and from door to door it was like, SEVEN HOURS, and I honestly would have taped a couple more if that would have let me. It was so happy and easy and fun and gosh, just the very best day.

Plus I came home with an iPad, and Ellen's brand new subscription box. What, what! You can only attend a taping once a season but I'll be back next year Ellen, and that's a promise! 






No comments:

Post a Comment