James says that January is the Monday of months and I don't think he is necessarily paying it a compliment, but I don't know, I kinda like Mondays. And Januarys.
There's something about a new start that is exciting to me. Refreshing. It doesn't matter what last week brought because it's a brand new Monday, a fresh page in the planner, and I can to-do list and schedule and organize and plan my week however the heck I want so that our family can be as happy as possible. I know I can't control everything in life, but heaven help ya if you think I'm going to be passive about it! In January I don't just have a fresh page, I have a whole brand spankin' new planner. If you know me, you know me, if you don't--I love my planner like some love their children so yes, a new planner means that January is basically a sparkly diamond in my eyes. I can make 2019 whatever the heck I want for me and for us, and isn't that exciting?
The ideas are coming slow and steady and I'm deliberately light on the resolutions this go-around, but I have a feeling that 2019 has the potential to be one of the greatest years us Wigs have ever known. I'm so excited for the future and I'm walking into the new year with profound gratitude for life.
Impromptu New Years game night with some friends and every treat we could think of! I love having kids that can stay up until midnight with me!
Replaced last year's calendar on my cork board and hung this gem of a Christmas picture so that I can admire these cute cousins all year long!
We traded in our 4x4 for a 5x5 and somehow it is already full of the boys books and treasures. I know it won't be organized and color coded for long but it looks so pretty right now and makes me so happy! There is NOTHING like New Years organizing to get me pumped on life.
Grammie got the kids Lincoln Logs for Christmas and they happily worked together to build this cabin. I don't know what magic was put into these little wooden pegs but I'm not kidding--total peace on earth and in the Wigginton house for an hour. Wowzers!
New Years dinner at the swanky mall food court means Quinny can have her ramen, James can have his vegan fare and the rest of us can devour Shake Shack.
Bring it, 2019. We're ready for ya!






No comments:
Post a Comment