The day after Talmage came home from Catalina he was pretty down in the dumps. Believe me, I get it. Post-vacation blues are the worst. We decided the best way to jump back into real life was to have a Saturday family adventure, and James had the perfect spot: Vasquez Rocks. I had never heard of this place, and how is that possible because it was massive and gorgeous and not super far and so impressive?! It was a little hard for T to remember how to follow parental directions and be a good example for little ones after being on his own for a few days, but it was still such a fun trip and I'm so glad we got in a few hours of hiking before the rain. (I know, rain...random, right?)
I felt like I was in St. George with the stunning rocks. The kids, they felt like they were in heaven!
I love her guts so much. That girl is alllll adventure and fun and keeping up with her big brothers.
T wanted to do all the dangerous things, because "it's not fun if I'm not hanging off a cliff." Yep, so there's that.
This sweet little baby just begs to be held. I try and tell her that when Quinn was her age she was a big sister of a 1 year-old, but it just doesn't phase her! Oh well, stay little my little.
We nicknamed Everett the mountain goat because he was jumping from rock to rock and having so much fun hiking around. He's getting so big and his love and concern are being met with such a great sense of adventure recently. I'm loving it, and him, so much!
Cora was watching her siblings carefully, carefully, carefully. I thought she'd stay on the bottom of the boulder but...
Off she went! Loved seeing that baby grit.
And then came rain, SO MUCH RAIN! So grateful for the morning spent in nature, and equally grateful for the hot cocoa, popcorn and movie afternoon.















No comments:
Post a Comment