Monday, January 7, 2019

Rose Parade Floats

Next year is totally the year that we camp out on a sidewalk in Pasadena to get front row seats for the Rose Bowl Parade, and I'm already giddy about the memories we will make. I love parades. And crazy ideas. And family moments that are hard to replicate. By next year baby Cora will be 3 1/2 and that's deeeeeeefinitely old enough to not make this miserable, right? I think right. (I hope right because it. is. happening.) 

But this year the best we could do was go see the floats the day after the parade. That's definitely a step up from last year when we did exactly nothing Rose Bowl-ish, and frankly it was such an awesome experience that I think it may have been better than seeing the actual parade. But I don't know yet because I haven't done my research. I'll let you know next year!

The floats were absolutely phenomenal. The flowers were fresh and the creative scenes immense and detailed. I can't imagine how much planning and work goes into making one of these, and it's mind-blowing to consider how intense it must be to get all those lives plants and flowers onto the float at the very last possible second so they don't wilt. I walked around in total awe of the process and the products. Seeing the Rose Bowl floats is definitely being added to the list of L.A. things I want to do again!

 Wells Fargo was passing out plush horses that instantly stole the show for all the little ones in our party. Sure, there are literal walls of roses and flower masterpieces all around but "Look at how cute my little horse is" and "Do you want to hear him neigh?" Wells Fargo knows what they're doing. They win!

I'm a sucker for carousels. They are so magical. 

I loved this one during the parade and somehow it was even more beautiful in person.

The kids loved the How to Train Your Dragon float.

This space one was out of this world. Ba-boom, ching!

We all loved the Big Bear float because we all love Big Bear.

I was floored by all of these roses. They looked and smelled divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment