Friday, April 23, 2010

Mr. Something

Today I watched this little cutie. He's three years old, has a ton of energy and has thick, dark eyelashes that made me do just about whatever he wanted. We played and played the whole day long and had a blast together. Here are a few of my favorite convos with him.

***

We were playing with the telephone and I would say, "AJ, the phone's for you" and hand him the phone. He played with it for a few minutes and then held out the phone to me saying, "Mister, uh, Mister Something, the phone's for you!" That's what I was called all day today--Mr. Something (except for the few times I was called Talmage's Mom).

***

Me: AJ, do you want to learn a word in Chinese.
AJ: Yeah.
Me: Ni hao means hello. Can you say ni hao?
AJ: Ni hao.
Me: Great job!
AJ picks up the phone and says: Ni ha tai lan pan ran
Me: Almost, it's ni hao.
AJ: No. It's ni ha. I speak Chinese.

***

AJ saw my computer and wanted to play something or see something or do something...but I never figured out what that something was. He said, "I want nit june er." I didn't comprendo. He tells me, obviously upset that I don't understand, "Repeat. Nit" I say nit. "June." I say june. "Er" I say er. He says, "Yeah, you got it!" I say, "You want nit june er? I don't get it." He gave up.


***

Talmage LOVED having a friend to hang out with. He mimicked everything little AJ did. Above is a picture of him talking on the "phone" with his friend.

3 comments:

  1. Talmage was obviously having a very serious conversation!! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your young guest is so confident in his Chinese linguistic skills!! He must have had an excellent teacher :)

    "nit june er" may be "Nick Junior"--a nickelodeon show for young children

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is way too cute! I love trying to figure out others kids' language. I agree with the previous post. "nit june er" is most likely Nick Jr. They have a website that has a bunch of kids video games and activities with Nick Jr. characters. My kids have loved playing on their site.

    ReplyDelete