Monday, April 19, 2010

What the Eyjafjallajökull?

For the record:

A big volcano with an un-pronouncable name (What the Eyjafjallajökull?) errupted in Iceland, spewing glass, boulders and crazy toxins into the air which have decided to chill right over England, and the Netherlands, and the rest of Europe for the past 5 days.

The airports are closed, the airplanes are grounded, and thousands of people are stranded.

***

For the record:
We LOVE the fact that the volcano extended Jim's Mom's trip by an extra week.
She was planning on going home on Saturday, was rescheduled for today, and is now scheduled for the first available flight next Saturday.
We're excited to spend more time with her, but at the same time we know she has lots to get home to.

***

For the record:We HATE the fact that the volcano has cancelled my Mom's trip to England.
I shed lots of tears yesterday, and as you can see, so did Talmage.
We were supposed to see Rome together. We were supposed to see Paris together.
Most importantly, we were supposed to be together.
We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you Mom/Grandma.
We'll miss you more than you know this week and we can't wait until the time we can see you again. Soon?
***
For the record:
An American friend of ours brought me a grocery bag full of American food yesterday.
He called it Volcano therapy.
I'm not ashamed to tell you that I ate at least a sleeve of Oreo's last night.
And they tasted good.

7 comments:

  1. We are so bummed for you and your Mom. I was so excited to live vicariously through your adventures together. We'll enjoy her for you here in California. She's such a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your mom. Maybe I can come with her. Perhaps I can find someone to take my place for a week or two. Ha ha ha ha. How fun to spend so much time with Jims mom.
    Talmage is growing so quickly and he is SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This news SUCKS! I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Man...that just about made me cry! I am so sorry for you and Mom and poor little Talmage....he sad face definitely says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I post a picture of my crying face??? Let me tell you, we were going to have so much fun!! I will miss, miss, miss every second of what could have been! I love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just been catching up on your blog and I cannot believe the adventures you guys are having. Very very jealous. I am SO sorry about your Mom. Sometimes you just need a Mom. I hope that she can reschedule soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A sleeve? Heath, that's nothing. I can eat a whole package without hardy trying. :) P.S. I was just thinking that maybe you should have a layover in SLC on your way back to Cali this summer. Please? Just think about it...

    ReplyDelete