Sunday, October 20, 2013

A "sweet" playgroup

I was in charge of planning playgroup last week so I organized a tour of Magnolia Bakery, which is kind of the "it" bakery around here. The tour was short (because in true New York fashion they fit a whole lot of stuff in very little real estate) but we got to see endless jars of sprinkles, were taught how to get the signature Magnolia swirl atop their cupcakes, and the kids favorite part: a free mini cupcake at the end. I bought some banana pudding to round off our cupcake breakfast and we were buzzing with excitement. Literally. It was a really good time.
 
Turns out our playgroup thought this was a good idea--like, a really good one. There were almost 70 people in attendance!

We took all the kids to the playground after the bakery tour so they could run off their morning sugar rush before naptime. These boys were running around protecting everyone from the "bad guys" when all of a sudden they took a little break and sat down together. It kind of made my heart melt...and I am SO glad I had a camera handy!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! (literally!) Touring any sort of bakery is my kind of tour!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a lot of people... and a lot of ergo baby carriers! ha! I'd totally have gone- fun playgroup idea!

    ReplyDelete