Thursday, October 3, 2013

Randoms

It's the beginning of October and I've gotten behind on blogging. Life has gotten a lot busier lately. Good busy, and not too busy, but busy nonetheless. We are really building a life here in New York City, it's all coming together nicely. Talmage started co-op preschool last week with 3 other kids his age and I was up to bat on week one. He also started soccer and is trying to learn how to think and kick and run at the same time! Everett, that boy doesn't need any extracurricular activities because his attitude keeps me busy enough! I started a new little writing job (that I do during quiet time or at night) and between that, and keeping my house running and hosting company and making time for the scriptures and hangin' with my husband, my blogging time has been seriously neglected. But that's not good for me, blogging is my release and my treat. So here I sit at my computer, excited to tell you what's been happening around here lately. This is just a little hodge-podge post full of our doings in the last weeks of September. 
 
Happy Octoberfest! We went to the German parade and the boys got more candy than they probably will on Halloween. James was in heaven seeing all the German floats (although most of them were advertising beer) and the boys kind of think that Octoberfest is the best holiday ever--but maybe that's not a good thing?!

I saw this sign and laughed so dang hard. That's some awesome spelling!

We went with some girls from church to the Bronx Zoo. It was pretty warm and most of the animals were away for the winter, but as always it was fun to be with friends.

Ever Knight thinks riding this scooter is the best thing ever, although I will admit that he mostly just pulls the scooter behind him as he walks to the park. And heaven forbid I try to help push him on the scooter. Phew, that boy is independent. I don't know where he gets that from ;)

He is lucky that he's so cute, isn't he! And he really is. Such a charmer, that little one is. He smiles at people and wants me to stop pushing him in the stroller so that he can wave hello to street people, homeless men, construction workers and every dog in sight. I love his little smile!

The boys and I went to a lunchtime concert down the street from our house (right across from the temple). The music was incredible and yeah, they gave us free Wafels and Dinges so basically my life was made. Oh, and PJ Clarke was there handing out free lemonade and brownies too, so, why did I wait until the last day of concerts to attend? Some nice man on the street said that the concerts will return in May, and so shall I (after hibernating the winter away, of course).

Marne and her family moved to Texas, even though I told them it was completely not allowed and totally rude. Alas, she's going to be living in a mansion for half of what I'm paying for my little pad, so I get it. But still, so sad for me and my boys that miss them so much. The last week she was here Marne's husband surprised us with tickets to Newsies so that we could go out on the town together. The show was really incredible, and dessert afterwards was fun too. Mostly, it was great to spend time together before her big move.

First day of preschool for all these cute kiddos!

Ever since I saw Newsies, my boys are completely obsessed with the songs from this show. Ev walks around singing, "Look at me, I'm the king of New York" and then doing head spins and leaps on the ground. Talmage likes to climb up poles while singing, "Now is the time to seize the day!" Considering their growing interest in Broadway (and because I saw this and it was FREE!) I took them to see Broadway on the Hudson. Nine different shows were represented (including Phantom, Newsies, Cinderella, Pippin, Annie, Rent and more) and they all sang one or two numbers from their show. We got there early and had premiere seating and the boys loved it. Now they really want to go see Newsies on Broadway. I really do think they'd love it!

This park in Battery City was so awesome. T and Ever ended up playing on this round-about bike for at least an hour. So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment