Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Met: by day and by night

We had a morning playgroup at the Met last week. We were not admitted to story time (actually, half of us were kicked out early while the other half were not allowed to enter from the get-go, awesome.) But...oh the view from the gardens atop the museum. They were beautiful. 
 
So beautiful, in fact, that I kept that sticker on my shirt pocket all day so that James and I could see it that night on our date. By day is one thing but boy, by night. Wow!

I've gotten used to viewing museums with two littles pulling me in two directions. We speed through exhibits and I feel super lucky to see one item before leaving. And I mean see it, not learn about it ;) James and I sans kids, however, were able to walk hand in hand around the different exhibits, admiring famous pieces and really feeling the artwork. It was super enjoyable.

We actually took a picture together, and I laughed so hard when I looked at it. Look at those two hand-on-hip posers!

No comments:

Post a Comment