Friday, December 20, 2013

Botanical Garden Trains

For years I have heard the greatest reviews of the Bronx Botanical Garden's Holiday Train Show, but tickets are a little bit outrageous so I've not allowed myself to truly dream of how great it would be to visit the exhibit with my boys. BUT...since God is seriously looking out for me (and I mean that truly, honestly, and from the bottom of my heart) we were given four tickets for free to see the exhibit right after our church's Christmas party last Saturday. One minute we were heading home for naps, and the next we were hopping on Metro North for a super adventure. James and the boys were excited, but I was giddy central!
 

The exhibit features New York buildings and landmarks, hand-constructed from organic materials. But of course, my boys just wanted to watch the trains (and throw rocks, but that was not in Mama's playing cards today much to Evie's chagrin). There were butterfly trains and vintage trains, but does it shock anyone that Thomas was still the fan favorite? He looked so cute in a Santa hat!

You should have heard the laughs from everyone around us when the boys made this face at my request for a smile. Oh, boys. I guess it serves me right for trying to get a picture when there were trains to be watched.

This was a little better. I think. Maybe? They really are cute little kids, whether they smile in my pictures or not!

1 comment:

  1. Cute is an understatement!! I seriously just want to squeeze those boys...and by squeeze I really mean kiss, hug, kiss repeat! Love them...like a lot!!

    ReplyDelete