Sunday, December 15, 2013

T on ice, and a long walk home

 Some of the clerks from James' courthouse met at Bryant Park for ice skating and we decided to tag along since T has been itching to get out on the ice all season long.
 
All I have to say is, wow, who knew that T would be so natural on the ice. Our Canadian family would have been very proud of his skills, and he asked for a hockey stick to boot!
 
Not surprisingly, Everett took one baby lap around the rink and then decided that his rightful place was on dry ground...with snacks and his DD. Doesn't he look adorable in baby skates though? 
 
He spent most of the night being brother's cheerleader.
 
Talmage, on the other hand, skated by himself for a solid two hours. By the end of the night he was able to do spins and was really getting fast. I made him hold my hands for a picture (above) but most of the time I was chasing him around (below). 
 
I was kind of afraid that he'd want to skate all night, but when the Zamboni came out at 8 pm, we were all feeling tired and were ready to head home.
 
We took the scenic route, of course, and decided to walk instead of take the train or bus so that we could see all the department store window displays, and a few fabulous trees.
 
The New York Public Library tree.
 
 
This is the Bryant Park tree and I really, really thought it was amazing!
 

The boys had earned a treat because of their excellent skating and cheering, so a treat they got.

You see that GIANT wonder behind me? That is the gorgeous Rockefeller Christmas tree. I wouldn't mind seeing that thing again this season.
 

Saks projected a mini-film onto their storefront, and my boys thought it was just the greatest.

I wish you could see how huge this wreath was.
 
And then there was the snowflake hanging between Tiffany's and Bergdorf Goodman. Wow! We didn't take a lot of pictures of the windows because frankly, by that time it was beyond freezing and super late so we just enjoyed and kept moving. Yep, this night was definitely something special.

1 comment:

  1. You are so much fun! I can just imagine you skating and then walking home in the freezing cold! I am so proud of Talmage! Who knew that he would be such a natural skater. Good job Talmage! And of course, I always like to give shout outs to the cheerleader!!! That is always much appreciated! Love you.

    ReplyDelete